[Xen-devel] networking checksum errors again

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] networking checksum errors again
From: Jason <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:30:09 -0600 (CST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:49:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey gang,   I have run into the dredded tcp and udp checksum error in xen, but
with a twist.
Regardless of whether or not I use a dom0 kernel or a domU kernel I get failed
checksum packets
whenever I try to route across a virtual interface.  I have a pure virtual
setup (ala I just have
xend bring up a new interface with an ip on it that I route traffic to the domU
on) and just like
in the FAQ, ping works but no other traffic does because of checksums.  I have
tried the ethtool
thing on all interfaces, tried changing the code in netback.c to force a
checksum and have had no
luck.   Any else having trouble?

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,