Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 eth0 e1000_clean_tx_irq tx hang

On 9 Feb 2006, at 23:55, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:

 - limiting to 2G works fine, sounds like something with swiotlb

I noticed it too and exactly same. I also notice this in the dom0 dmesg.

PCI-DMA: Disabling IOMMU.
WARNING more than 4GB of memory but IOMMU not compiled in.
WARNING 32bit PCI may malfunction.
You might want to enable CONFIG_GART_IOMMU
Memory: 5868412k/6071120k available (3553k kernel code, 202040k
reserved, 1376k
data, 300k init)

That is harmless. In fact our SWIOTLB probably is enabled (look at the lines just above the ones you posted). It's because we don't properly (yet) respect the new plug-n-play dma_ops structures in x86_64.

I've checked in a temporary fix to remove the above misleading lines.

 -- Keir