Re: [Xen-devel] network-bridge script reworked

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:00:15PM -0400, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 22:44 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> >  > I hacked on the network-bridge script.
> > >
> > > It now works much better for me:
> > > * we got rid of ifconfig
> > > * it works for netdev != eth0
> > > * arp on and off are symmetric as are ifdown and ifup
> >
> > Didn't we decide we needed to also set 'arp off' on the bridge to avoid
> > the 'seen packet with own mac address' complaints?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ian
>
> I was hoping one of those guys working for one of those big shops would
> have put a tap on this by now. Would be nice to know what this ethernet
> frame before disabling the arp.

We have seen the old script get things into a state whereby the machine's
routing tables claim to be going through peth0 rather than eth0.  At the very
least, if this happened with two Xen machines on the network, then one would
complain about packets coming from the other, and I have observed this behaviour
directly.

Can anyone claim to have seen the error message with only one Xen machine on
the network?

Ewan.