Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

On 3 Oct 2005, at 22:11, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

However, doesn't that same argument apply to correcting the ABI in the first place? Shadow page tables will overshadow the performance impact of making
the ABI 32/64-bit clean.

The cost must also be paid by domains that don't require shadow page tables (32-bit on 32-bit, in particular).

The 64-bit dom0_op patch you posted misses 64-bit-ifying the page-frame arrays of GETMEMLIST and GETPAGEFRAMEINFO2. I had a go at 64-bit-ifying the dom0_op interface myself, and gave up at those two because they are particularly invasive to change.

 -- Keir