Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Build

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Build
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:48:20 +0100
Cc: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:46:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> On 24 Aug 2005, at 17:51, David F Barrera wrote:
>
> >>  and the one that prevented you booting x86/64 domUs.
> > I can't verify this since I can't boot Dom0 on x86_64, bugzilla #187
> > (new).
>
> Weird - I can't reporoduce this myself, even though my test box has a
> tg3 (and it looks like tg3 initialisation is what's causing the crash).
>
> I'll see if I can kick the kernel around some more tomorrow and get the
> behaviour you observe.

Can you try adding some tracing to __ioremap() and is_local_lowmem()
in arch/xen/i386/mm/ioremap.c.

In __ioremap() there is a section in the middle that is conditional on
is_local_lowmem(phys_addr). Add a printk in there to see if we execute
that conditional code.

If we do, it would be interesting to instrument
is_local_lowmem(). Add something like this:
 printk(KERN_ALERT " *** %lx %lx %lx %x\n",
        mfn, pfn, max_low_pfn, phys_to_machine_mapping[pfn]);

 -- Keir