Re: [Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?
From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:44:59 +0900
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:43:55 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/18/05, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's probably a job for higher-level management tools. Maybe a safety
> catch should be placed on 'xm balloon', but the intra-VM
> /proc/xen/balloon interface is definitely not intended for the casual
> user.

fine, but how about the balloon level to set the limit? i prefer to
calculate it based on the domain configuration, instead of specifying
it in the domain config file. but that is probably a tough job.

do you have any idea on how to determine the limit ?

regards,
aq

--
regards,