[Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?
From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:57:33 +0900
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:56:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello,

currently there is one problem with balloon: if we specify too little
memory for a domain, that domain might crash with OOM error. even in
that case, balloon still happily do what we request. i just
accidentally balloon dom0 to 0M, and must reboot the machine ;-)

so i guess it is better to enforce a certain limit, so balloon will
not bring the amount of memory for a domain to be lower than that
level.

there are few choices to do this:
- each domain has a configurable option for this (for example:
balloon-level in domain config file)

- xen automatically determine this level for each domain (but how?)

any idea?

regards,
aq