Re: [Xen-devel] veth0 stuff in -unstable?

Vincent Hanquez wrote:

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 04:12:51PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

I think most likely there's random memory corruption going on, and this must be how it is currently manifesting itself on your system. :-(

I don't really think that so much random though,
Kurt Garloff and IBM daily build reports the same problems.
I'm still without clues on how to reproduce it, I even installed
a SLES9 rescue image in case that was related.

However I can have this one on dom0 quite easily as soon as I started a domU:

recvmsg bug: copied C1811631 seq C1811661
KERNEL: assertion (flags & MSG_PEEK) failed at net/ipv4/tcp.c (1295)

The above used to be caused by a problem that was fixed (e100 NAPI driver issue) in mainline, but 2.6.12 should have that fix. Anything
else corrupting the tcp socket data will provoke the same message,
though, still looking...

thanks,
Nivedita