Re: [Xen-devel] Xen & Transmeta (from xen-users)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

> If you have a VGA screen connected you can write some characters to the VGA
> console buffer, if I recall correctly that is mapped at 0xb8000 before paging
> gets enabled.

oh, man, great idea! I always forget this because with linuxbios vga is
the last thing you get.

Attached is a (short) piece of code we used to use for this purpose, when
we were doing early work.

It is so short I hope the list does not mind -- others of you might find
it useful too. We got a lot of use out of it.

In video_init, just comment ou the vga_hardware_fixup(). Also vidmem
should probably be set to B8000.
i.e.
static char *vidmem = VIDBUFFER;

ron