Re: [Xen-devel] Xenophilia Release

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xenophilia Release
From: Michael McCabe <mccabemt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:31:07 -0400
Cc: Justin M Basinger <basingjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeremy Bongio <bongiojp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Edward Despard <despareg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:30:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anthony

> My first question is why create a specialized distribution?  Is there
> any direct benefit other than ease of use?

Ease of use is the big benefit of a specialized distribution.  We're
planning on adding kickstart support using the udeb's that Ubuntu wrote
that will allow for quick mass installations though.

> This is neat!  Can you explain the "talks http" a little more?  Does it
> communicate with remote Xend's via Xend's HTTP interface or does it
> export it's own management protocol via http?

Currently it talks via Xend's http interface.  We have been thinking
implenting a new protocol that has some ideas of state though as this
would make for a much more user friendly experience.

Thanks for the feedback

Mike McCabe