Re: [Xen-devel] Live Migration Error

To: Andres Lagar Cavilla <andreslc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Live Migration Error
From: Teemu Koponen <tkoponen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:45:46 +0300
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:45:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 13, 2005, at 20:07, Andres Lagar Cavilla wrote:

Andres,

I try to do a live migration in the same physical host, i.e. xm migrate --live 'whatever' localhost
It fails with 'Error: errors: suspend, failed, Callbak timed out'.
It seems like transfer of memory pages works until the point when the domain needs to be suspended to do the final transfer. Funny thing is it used to work before, gloriously, and I haven't made any software/hardware changes. At some point a xm save command failed with timeout, and from there on live migration fails with this message. Non-live migration works perfectly, also between different physical hosts. save/restore also works flawlessly.

I had similar timeout errors previously, when I was using a bit slower servers. I overcame the problem by slightly increasing the timeout value in controller.py. It seemed to provide a remedy.

Teemu