[Xen-devel] Weekly test report on VT machine

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Weekly test report on VT machine
From: "Yu, Lifeng" <lifeng.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:30:57 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:30:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We can start domU and 32-bit VMX-Domain. Fail to pass mini-ltp test on version1.1444. One testcase(shmt02) causes whole system crash and it can pass before.

We are tracing the unstable version of bk tree by testing it on VT machines. We try to start 32-bit VMX domain on 32-bit VT and do basic tests by weekly.

Latest update: 05/13/2005

Kernels: 2.6.11-xen0

Building Environment:

Based on Fedora Core 2

Xen bk tree changeset 1.1444

md5key of the changeset 4283d2abTQukZce4qzwxx1FWqaoLXQ

mini-LTP including sched commands ipc mm nptl pty dio fs quickhit.

All tests run with with tls.disabled

Intel em64T 3GHz noSMP noHT

2GB of memory for host machine

128 MB of memory for Xen0 without HT or SMP support

256 MB of memory for VMX Domain(RHEL3U3)

Bochs used to config filesystem image

Test Result:

Success to start 32-bit Xen0.

Success to start and destroy domU(ttylinux4.2).

Success to start and destroy 32-bit VMX Domain.

Failed to pass all mini-ltp testcases.

Two testcases crashed and them can pass before.

Tested them again separately and the result is:

Failed case shmt02 of mm test still caused service os reboot.

Another case passed in a individual test.

Other details are available upon request.