Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Install paravirtualized drivers after booting forhig

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Install paravirtualized drivers after booting forhigh-performance IO
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:24:59 +0100
Cc: "Arlen.D.Wang" <dengyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2005 02:31:39 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Where is get  a reference to the Windows support using Vanderpool
> Technology ?

The code in the unstable tree is the best reference (if you feel brave).
There are the slides for a couple of talks about VT at the Xen Summit webpage
(http://summit.xensource.com/presentations/).

> Who is doing that Windows support using Vanderpool Technology ?

This implementation work has been spearheaded by Intel, although I think there
are also some people at IBM also working on Xen/VT (is that right?)

> If Xen can run unmodified Linux , then Xen can run unmodified Windows also
> , right ?

Not yet: running Windows requires emulating extra 16 bit x86 stuff that Linux
doesn't need in order to run.  There is a design for supporting this and it
might even be under development right now.

HTH,
Mark