Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen/ia64 presentation

Keir Fraser wrote:

> x86 Xen makes the distinction between xen_regs and
> full_execution_context only because xen_regs is what gets saved on the
> stack on entry to / exit from Xen. More advanced state like TLB info
> could probably be saved directly into 'struct vcpu_state' where you
> detect that you have interrupted a guest activation.

Absolutely; I have the same thing in PPC code.

I see you just renamed some structures in the unstable tree... now how
about exec_domain? Are we happy with "vcpu_state"?

> xen_regs/xen_state should probably be entirely arch-specific anyway.
> Even now it only pokes through into common code in interrupt-handler
> definitions (the final parameter is a xen_regs pointer). It'd be great
> to nuke those last few from common code. :-)

Yup. I think this could be done by passing 'current' to
show_registers(), and let the arch code figure out what to do from
there. After I get PPC to a more useful state I will see about the
patch, if somebody hasn't beaten me to it...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center