[Xen-devel] Installing Xen on FC3

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Installing Xen on FC3
From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:42:33 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:53:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please forgive if this is not the right list to post this question on
but I have tried several combinations and have become frustrated
enough to ask for some assistance on trying to get Xen going.

I downloaded xen-2.0.5-install.tgz and found the few dependency's it
needed and was able to successfully run the install.sh script and
install everything.

Here is what I currently have in my menu.lst/grub.conf file.  I have
tried *several* combinations of things but nothing has worked so far.
The example listed in the README text file that comes with Xen said to
use /boot/xen.tgz etc... but that always returned Error 15: File no
Found.  The current file doesn't return an error but the machine very
quickly resets.

Perhaps someone can share their menu.lst file from a FC3 machine or
shed some insight into how to properly configure grub.

[root@localhost grub]# cat menu.lst
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu

title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.10
   root (hd0,0)
   kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 ro console=vga
   module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 ro root=/dev/hda0
   module /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.667)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

[root@localhost grub]#