Re: [Xen-devel] cross compiling 32 bit Xen on an x86_64 system

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] cross compiling 32 bit Xen on an x86_64 system
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:12:55 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:18:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michal Ostrowski wrote:
I came across a variant of this problem trying to cross-compile myself. Python's distutils.core package seem to have "gcc" hardcoded in it, and
there is no way to redirect it to another compiler when trying to build
these modules.  In other words, python seems not to be able to
cross-compile these things.

One option would be to use vm-tools instead of xend (search this list for announcements and URL), as the former does not (yet) depend on Python.

Jacob