[Xen-devel] Disappearing Kernel Options

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Disappearing Kernel Options
From: Jerome Brown <jerome@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:32:23 +1300
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:33:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to compile my own kernel to work with Xen and am having a
problem where menu options are disappearing on me. I have tried both
with a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel and with the 2.6.10-gentoo-r7 kernel. In
both kernels I cannot select my IDE chipset, as the options are not
presented to me - in the vanilla kernel I cannot even select ATA/EIDE at
all, as the menu has gone.

I have tried patching the sources by copying the contents of the
2.6.10-sparse directory and by using make mkpatches; patch -p1 and get
the same results both times.

I am using the files from xen-2.0-testing which I pulled with BK less
than 1 hour ago (approx 03:30 GMT)

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

--
Jerome Brown
Technology Architect

P: +64  3 961-5116
M: +64 29 453 7663
F: +64  3 961-5129
E: jerome@xxxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand