[Xen-devel] Re: Serious performance issues

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Serious performance issues
From: Nuutti Kotivuori <naked@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:11:00 +0200
Cache-post-path: aka.i.naked.iki.fi!unknown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cancel-lock: sha1:fe+xtsY4hPvlYnTeQIBOXSHIdlo=
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:28:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:
> If you're starting a dialogue with the bridge folk, I'd be grateful
> if you could bring up the issue of transferring IP addresses from
> interfaces that are added to a bridge to the bridge.

Transferring IP addresses is not enough - if there is a dhclient
running for eth0 on the host, there is no way to change it to be
running for br0 transparently. So all we get is a seemingly well
working system - until the dhclient renews the lease.

The only solution to these kind of issues globally that I'd see, would
be the possibility to have packets come "up" from the eth0 interface,
instead of the br0 interface - which would need to be somehow
configurable.

-- Naked