To: Håvard Bjerke <Havard.Bjerke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Xen/ia64
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:46:34 -0800
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:08:46 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As a further followup to the question about Xen/ia64 hypercalls,
I have now implemented and tested (but not yet checked in to the
main tree) support for access to domain memory, and have tested
it with some hypercalls that returns statistics about privop emulation.

The following (user mode!) program demonstrates the usage.

Dan

================

// test program for Xen/ia64 hypercalls that get/zero privop counts
// NOTE: break value and hypercall numbers are likely to change

// usage: to print out current privop counts
//  ./privcnt
// usage: to zero out current privop counts
//  ./privcnt 0

#define BUFSIZ 8192     // must be >= 8192

#define BREAKIMM 0x1000
#define GET_PRIVOP_CNT_HYPERCALL 0xffff
#define ZERO_PRIVOP_CNT_HYPERCALL 0xfffe

long get_privop_counts(char *s, long n)
{
        register long r32 asm("in0") = (unsigned long)s;
        register long r33 asm("in1") = n;
        register long r8 asm("r8");
        asm volatile("mov r2=%0; break %1;"
                :: "i" (GET_PRIVOP_CNT_HYPERCALL), "i" (BREAKIMM)
                : "r2", "r8", "memory");
        return r8;
}

long zero_privop_counts(char *s, long n)
{
        register long r32 asm("in0") = (unsigned long)s;
        register long r33 asm("in1") = n;
        register long r8 asm("r8");
        asm volatile("mov r2=%0; break %1;"
                :: "i" (ZERO_PRIVOP_CNT_HYPERCALL), "i" (BREAKIMM)
                : "r2", "r8", "memory");
        return r8;
}

main(int ac, char **av)
{
        char buf[BUFSIZ];

        if (ac > 1) {
                // zero privop counts
                if ((long)zero_privop_counts(buf,BUFSIZ) == -1)
                        printf("privcnt: failed\n");
                else printf(buf);
        }
        else {
                // get privop counts
                if ((long)get_privop_counts(buf,BUFSIZ) == -1)
                        printf("privcnt: failed\n");
                else printf(buf);
        }

}