[Xen-devel] XenCD xm save problem

[Jared == jared@xxxxxxxxxxx on Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:05:18 -0800]

  Jared> I can duplicate the problem that xm save does not work on
  Jared> XenCD.

Others have reported success after switching to Xen 2.0.4, but my
XenCD save problem still exists with a 2.0.4-built snapshot.

From my last email:

-- begin --

Possibilities:

Do I need to patch sarge's udev to create a /dev/loop device?

Should I be digging into xend code to see how it uses /dev/loop?  I'm
still wrapping my head around xend and I can't find "loop" in a grep
of the tree.

Is there something about tmpfs that makes xm save work for others but
not XenCD?  XenCD's Xen installation is as absolutely vanilla as I can
make it, other than tmpfs.  And ttylinux is running on a loopback
ext2.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

-- end --

Details available in my last message.

-- jared@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Better to be of a rare breed than a long line." -- TDK