[Xen-devel] VGA extended text mode on XenCD not functional

[Jared == jared@xxxxxxxxxxx on Sun, 02 Jan 2005 06:20:21 -0800]

  Edward> I am trying to get the hypervisor to run in an extended text
  Edward> modes,

  Ian> When dom0 takes over the VGA console (which is the default mode
  Ian> of operation) you can arrange to put it into whatever mode you
  Ian> like; you just won't get the initial boot messages from Xen in
  Ian> the extended text mode.

  Edward> I was looking at modifying the hypervisor because I couldn't
  Edward> get this to work and couldn't find a specific reference
  Edward> stating it was possible.

  Jared> I too, have failed to set any vga mode for any Xen
  Jared> installation.  Could the developers confirm 1 more time that
  Jared> it "works for them" (if indeed) and we can try to
  Jared> characterize the bug more.

Perhaps this is a dead issue, but I put an example 'vga=791'
configuration onto the XenCD boot menu, which as far as I can tell
here, does not function as Ian describes.  I'd love to get this
feature working.

-- jared@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Tiger gotta hunt.  Bird gotta fly.
 Man gotta sit and wonder why, why, why.
 Tiger gotta sleep.  Bird gotta land.
 Man gotta tell himself he understand." -- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.