Re: [Xen-devel] VIF setup

To: Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] VIF setup
From: Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:05:08 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kero-Chan <kerochan2@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:08:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Williamson wrote:
It's OK. Because you're using an L2 ethernet bridge, it's not necessary to set up any address details for the vif in domain0.

I doubt it does, since the IP address is still bound to both xen-br0 and eth0; this will break things. That's something that really needs to be fixed in the network config script, because networking won't work right until that's corrected.

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx