Re: [Xen-devel] Riel's xen RPMs and agpgart

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Riel's xen RPMs and agpgart
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:29:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Gerald Britton <gbritton@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:31:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Ian Pratt wrote:

That's rather disappointing as we've had quite a few success
reports with AGP recently.

The older kernel RPMs I put out worked.   The new ones don't
work any more due to AGP fixes for native hardware.

Note that this almost certainly isn't Xen's fault, since the
AGP code in the upstream kernel is known to crash systems and
is suspected of sometimes corrupting data...

Just to make sure, please could you try a Xen and XenLinux built
from the latest 2.0-testing repo.

That'll probably work, as long as it doesn't have the latest
AGP fixes from lkml.