Re: [Xen-devel] Running Xen at a colo

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:39:52 +0000
devsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What I mean to ask is at what point will I cease to require physical access to
> the machine in order to get virtual servers running?
>
> How far into the process will I be able to send the machine to the colo
> provider, ie the point at which getting an SSH prompt whenever the machine is
> rebooted will enable me to manage processes?

After Linux Domain 0 is booted from Xen, you don't need any further
physical access.  (But actually it's also possible to have "normal"
Linux on a remote machine, do the grub setup etc and then reboot with
Xen.)

However, I'd suggest to simply test on a local machine first and then go
to the provider, just to make sure it works etc.

Regards,
Milan

--

                   Milan Holzäpfel alias jagdfalke alias jag

Öff GnuPG-Schlüssel    <URL:http://con.mjh.name/>    GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Fingerabdruck     4C8A 5FAF 5D32 6125 89D1     GnuPG Fingerprint
                        0CE5 DB0C AF4F 6583 7966

                    http://www.deppenleerzeichen.de/