RE: [Xen-devel] AMD64

To: "XiPHiaS" <marksspam@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] AMD64
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:04:38 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:18:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I've got an AMD64 and am currently dual-booting Gentoo 64-bit
> and SuSE 32-bit.
> Would it be possible to run them simultniously using xen?

Xen currently doesn't support AMD64/EM64T in 64 bit mode, but an x86_64
port is in the pipeline.

The first aim of the port will be to allow multiple x86_64 OS'es to run.
It should then be possible to use a 64bit capable arch-Xen OS that has
an all-32 bit userspace if so desired.

Ian