[Xen-devel] Problems with loopback and sda1

To: Xen Virtual Machine Monitor <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Problems with loopback and sda1
From: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:48:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:01:41 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, my pysical HD is mounted on the logical sda1. When i try to mount
the loopback on something else than sda1, xm complains.

With:
disk = [ 'phy:loop0,xda1,w', 'phy:sda1,sda1,r' ]
root = "/dev/xda1 ro"

I get error msg:
>>error begin
VFS: Cannot open root device "xda1" or unknown-block(2,0)
   Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)
>>error end

Does Xen deny use of anything else than logical sda1 for HD? When my
physical HD is sda1, how can I use another logical drive for my loopback?

To save space I want to read-only mount my pysical HD from the loopbacks.
(If I try to mount sda1 now, I mount the loopback, not the pysical HD)

Cheers,
Rune