RE: [Xen-devel] Follow-up

To: <tcranbrook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mark A. Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Follow-up
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:59:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:10:24 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can give access to any other partition using the config file in the
same way you give access to the root partition. You can't share the same
swap partition amongst different VMs so you have to create one for each
VM. You'd also need to adjust /etc/fstab to whatever partition you
decide to map the physical swap partition.

However, I wouldn't expect performance to be "shit" because of no swap
file. If you'd run out of physical memory (ie need swap) Linux would
complain and not just run slower...so the problem is probably be
elsewhere.

As Ian said, we don't really have experience with NX but have used vnc
with reasonable performance.

Rolf