Re: [Xen-devel] xen and agpgart

To: Gerald Britton <gbritton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen and agpgart
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 05:47:36 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 05:49:14 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Somehow you are ending up in the following code in the following code
in __change_page_attr (arch/i386/mm/pageattr.c):

        if (cpu_has_pse && (page_count(kpte_page) == 1)) {
                list_add(&kpte_page->lru, &df_list);
                revert_page(kpte_page, address);
        }

This ought to be impossible, as cpu_has_pse should be 0.
Add some debug printing around that code -- e.g., print the value of
cpu_has_pse, and also the contents of e.g.,
boot_cpu_data.x86_capability[0], boot_cpu_data.x86_capability[1].

Perhaps the capability flags are getting corrupted - I think the value
must be correct at boot time or you would crash while booting!

Meanwhile I've checked in a fix for wbinvd. I've fixed the wbinvd()
macro in system.h, but agp.h uses the instruction directly. You'll
have to patch that file yourself -- really a patch ought to be sent to
the maintainer, but I'll wait until I've fixed the broken uses of
ioremap_nocache in various GART drivers.

 -- Keir