Re: [Xen-devel] fooey. no interrupts.

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] fooey. no interrupts.
From: ron minnich <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:54:32 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:59:25 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Interesting values to print are the master mask, master pending,
> pending_sel, and the words in the pend and mask arrays that contain
> the bits for the event channel that you are interested in.
> (Remember that the event channel will have a different index to the
> VIRQ number).

I understand my confusion better.

cli on linux on xen is this:
HYPERVISOR_shared_info->vcpu_data[0].evtchn_upcall_mask = 1;

That disables all interrupts? I'm confused on that, how does this relate
to the evtchn_mask?

For cpu 0 do I need to clear BOTH of these for interrupts to happen, and
then in the domain itself only mess with the one for vcpu 0? I'm looking
at linux U kernel code but want to make sure I get this right. Is this
stuff really firmly tested and laid out or still somewhat tentative due to
the fact that it's not really tested with vcpu > 0?

thanks

ron

--
LANL CCS-1 email flavor: