Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 06:18 schrieb
> Subject: [Xen-devel] 2.6
> From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>       <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mike.wray@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:29:16 +1000
>
> --_799077A3-F54B-4EA3-8322-39B78FD12470_
>
> what's involved in building 2.6? From the looks of the makefile, 'make
> worl= d' followed by 'make linux26' then 'make install' should do it. Does
> that s= ound right?

i think you'll need to add this line
        $(shell cp -a install/boot/*$(LINUX26_VER)* /boot/)
to makefile target "make install" to copy the kernel automatically.

> thanks
>
> James

i noticed that when 2.6-xenU is running the cpu-time in xm list is steadily
rising, while the 2.4-xenU is nearly keeping the time when it's started and
not used. but checkin' the 2.6 with top it shows idle = 100% like expected???
tell me if you need some logs or further information

one question to new io-world:
using my avm fritz card (isdn-device) works really great in dom0 (gentoo). but
i have problems using alsa with my onboard via-82xx in dom0 with kernel
2.4-xen0. i'm getting an oops when trying modprobe. i will send u the log and
displayed messages later, i want to try out how it works with an umodified
2.4 kernel first. i decided that i have to contribute more to this really
great project, since i noticed that the gentoo-xen0 is my only working linux
system at the moment, it's really stable ;-) good work!!!

and one question to xensv
would it not be easier to build the xensv as a webmin-module? so u can use
ssl, login, templates etc... from there. i know thats perl and i can't
contribute too, but i think this is worth to think about, not?

best regards,
Björn