[Xen-devel] xm save / restore with xen-unstable not working ?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xm save / restore with xen-unstable not working ?
From: sven.kretzschmar@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:39:39 +0200 (MEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:43:26 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have downloaded, compiled and installed xen-unstable
from bitkeeper yesterday evening (UTC).
Everything works fine so far.
When starting xend and creating a new unprivileged
domain via "xm create..." and connecting via "xm console..."
this also works correctly.
Also nearly every other xm command that I tried (like info,
consoles, pause, destroy, etc.).
However when I try "xm save" on a domain this always
generates an error message on the screen like
"...connection refused on the other side...111:connection
refused..." and does not work.
Xend is running in Dom0 at this time and all other xm commands
work fine at the same time.
Is xm save / restore broken or disabled with xen-unstable ?

Also I could not find a possibility to tell the xm tool
on which port xend is listening. So when I change the
port Xend is listening on in the xend-config file, no
xm command works any more. Where can I configure the
port the xm tool is trying to contact the xend daemon ?

Thanks and keep up the good work, xen-unstable is already
a very impressive software... :)