Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie of xen-unstable: xend start failure

To: helen zhan <helenzhan04@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie of xen-unstable: xend start failure
From: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:30:20 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:33:05 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

try: module /vmlinuz-2.4.26-xen0 root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0

Rune

On Jul 20, 2004, at 6:10 PM, helen zhan wrote:

Right, I didn't boot into XenLinux. But now  everytime when I try to reboot into XenLinux, the booting got into a loop as follows. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix it?

at the multiboot page, I chose "xen running linux 2.4.26"

Then it began to boot and stopper at the promput

"(XEN)*** Sereial input -> COM0(type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch input to Xen)."

So I typed 'CTRL-a' three times. But as a result, it returns me to the multiboot page again.

The following is related config in my /boot/grub.conf file.

title Xen running Linux 2.4.26

root(hd0,0)

kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 watchdog com1=115200,8n1 noht

Thanks & Best wishes,

Helen

Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Had you rebooted into the Xen / XenLinux kernels at the time or were you just
testing Xend with your normal Linux kernel? Xend will not start under a
normal Linux kernel because the /proc/xen/privcmd file does not exist.

HTH,
Mark