Re: [Xen-devel] Starting DOM1

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Starting DOM1
From: Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:02:28 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:05:30 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> Please can you try backing out the following change and see if
> that fixes it for the 169.254.x.x case:
>
> http://xen.bkbits.net:8080/xeno-unstable.bk/diffs/xen/net/dev.c@xxxx?nav=index.html|src/.|src/xen|src/xen/net|hist/xen/net/dev.c
>
> I suspect we're somehow killing 169.254.x.x packets even if
> they're within the VMM rather than destined for the wire.

Only just got around to testing this, but I'm afraid I see exactly the
same RPC errors as without the patch.  I note that this is different
behaviour than if no NFS server runs, when things just stick looking up
RPC ports.

Also if I boot from my new root disk partition with the default subnet
details, DOM0 receives no ping replies from 169.254.1.1 and DOM1
complains about a broadcast address trying to ping 169.254.1.0, and
still receives nothing if I use "-b" to force broadcast ping.

Seems it's to do with DOM0's 169.254.1.0 address, but then how does that
work for others?

Cheers,

Sean.

--