Re: [Xen-devel] Starting DOM1

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Starting DOM1
From: Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:45:27 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:47:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> We need to keep consoel output after a domain dies, but currently we
> don't.
>
> You can cause xc_dom_create.py to automatically turn into the console
> client by sepcifying '-c' on the command line, or by adding
> 'auto_console = True' to your defaults file.

Thanks - that does the trick.  Now I can see the kernel boot, and can
read the errors it has mounting the root NFS filesystem:

Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 169.254.1.0
RPC: sendmsg returned error 13
portmap: RPC call returned error 13
Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 169.254.1.0
RPC: sendmsg returned error 13
portmap: RPC call returned error 13
Root-NFS: Unable to get mountd port number from server, using default
RPC: sendmsg returned error 13
mount: RPC call returned error 13
Root-NFS: Server returned error -13 while mounting /tmp/root
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
root_device_name = nfs
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-2, errno = 2
VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or 02:00

There are no reports of any connection attempts to the NFS server, as
there are when I test the mount locally.  The portmap service is
running, I've disabled any iptables, and run xen_nat_enable.

Has anybody seen this one before?

Thanks,

Sean.

--