Re: [Xen-devel] megaraid problem on hp netserver lh6000 - ignorebiostabl

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] megaraid problem on hp netserver lh6000 - ignorebiostables o.k.
From: Manfred.Herrmann@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:23 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:50:50 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > i prepared two LH6000/4CPU/4GB for XEN-production :o(
> > so what next?
>
> Well, we have never booted that chipset, we have never booted with
> that many I/O devices configured, we have never booted that many CPUs,
> and we have never booted with that amount of memory. So it's fair to
> say that you're outside the tested operational envelope. :-)

uuupppsss :-)

> I'd also guess that this may be non-trivial to debug.
>
>  -- Keir
So what would you suggest?

1. Sell this servers and get smaller an newer systems.
or
2. This systems are very good for quality assurance. You can test
   many cpu´s, nic´s and other i/o.

If "2." then:
I own 3 LH6000 systems. Server1 with 10HDs, Server2 with 6HDs and
Server3 with 2HDs.
Server1 is for production.
Server2 for a while we can run reliability and load tests.
Server3 is free for testing new configs/changes.

best regards
   Manni