Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with dissapearing files on virtual domain...

To: RvL <rvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with dissapearing files on virtual domain...
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:33:10 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:39:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> my uneducated guess was that it was a problem with swap devices.
> my old setup was domain0 /dev/hda2 as a swap device,
> domain1 no swap device, but i tried domain1 /swapfile (150) mb file
> created with dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile, and mkswap /swapfile,
> sync, sync , swapon /swapfile  .... but that didn't work either.

Have you granted domain 1 *write* access to hda5? To do this you pass
the '-w' flag to 'xenctl physical grant'.

I'd hope that Linux would compain loudly if you tried to mount a
read-write filesystem from a volume which it can't write to. However,
I won't be surprised if we haven't got that quite right --- I'd be
interested to know if this is the problem!

 -- Keir