xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Compilation problems

To: "Kohn, Rodolfo" <rodolfo.kohn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Compilation problems
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:34:36 -0600
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:34:58 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kohn, Rodolfo wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I downloaded the xenCIM code and compiled it.
>

> I got a compilation error in file cmpilify.h because constant EXTERN_C
> was not recognized.
>

> I changed it by CMPI_EXTERN_C which is the one that appears in
> cmpimacs.h header file and it compiled. I suppose this is the one that
> was intended to be used. Is that correct?

Yes.  cmpimacs.h packaged with openwbem defines EXTERN_C and not
CMPI_EXTERN_C.  I will submit a patch to OW.

> If that is correct I think cmpilify.h should include cmpimacs.h or
> should define EXTERN_C itself.

Given the issue with OW and the desire to support unpatched versions I
will change cmpilify.h to include cmpimacs.h _and_ add

#ifndef CMPI_EXTERN_C
  #ifdef __cplusplus
    #define CMPI_EXTERN_C extern "C"
  #else
    #define CMPI_EXTERN_C
  #endif
#endif

FYI, I have not compiled/run the providers under pegasus in some time
(several months).  Good luck and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks for the report.
Jim