xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Setting Data Changes

To: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-cim] Setting Data Changes
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:15:33 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:15:46 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Today I committed changes made to the various settings data classes. Summary of changes:

* Xen_ComputerSystemSettingData now derives from CIM_VirtualSystemSettingData * Xen_CSSettingDataComponent now derives from CIM_VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent * Xen_DiskSettingData, Xen_MemorySettingData, Xen_NetworkPortSettingData, and Xen_ProcessorSettingData now derive from CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData * InstanceID property of all setting data classes now conforms to the algorithm described in CIM_SettingData. I have used "Xen" as OrgID. * Added information to README file describing how to build / install code. Link to SVPC area is included for access to the mofs serving as base classes for the Xen schema.
* Removed Mutable property from all Xen_*SettingData classes

While making these changes I came across the following issues / questions:

1. What is purpose of SystemCreationClassName in Xen_VirtualDeviceSettingData? All Xen_*SettingData classes *use* to have it since they derived from Xen_VirtualDeviceSettingData.

2. Xen_DiskSettingData - what to do with Reservation, Limit, VirtualQuantity, etc. These properties are currently set to a value of 1. Currently we are not doing anything with Weight property in any of the setting data classes.

3. Should Uptime property be in Xen_ComputerSystemSettingData? It is not setting data. I left it for now.

Regards,
Jim