xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Provider Registration

To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Provider Registration
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:29:45 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:24:49 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have no objections. I hadn't put in a provider qualifier in the class mofs primarily because the CIMOM we were using internally (OpenPegasus) didn't need them. But there is certainly no harm adding them in, it'll improve compatibility with OpenWBEM, and it'll probably make them more officially CIM conformant... :-)

Likewise I have no problem changing the provider name in each lib from "<classname>Provider" to "<classname>". I made them different in the CM*MIStubs mostly to help debug registration problems - ie being able to distinguish symbols for the function table prefix vs external library name vs name the cimom identifies the provider by. Changing everything to "<classname>" should not cause any problems, other than perhaps making it slightly harder to figure out what's what when things go wrong...

- Gareth

Dr. Gareth S. Bestor
IBM Linux Technology Center
M/S DES2-01
15300 SW Koll Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006
503-578-3186, T/L 775-3186, Fax 503-578-3186

Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

04/21/2006 04:13 PM