xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Provider Registration

To: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-cim] Provider Registration
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:13:41 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:14:05 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, after looking at provider-register.sh and various packages in the sblim project it appears that it is common to use the provider qualifier in class definitions. I would like to add the qualifier to each class definition if there are no objections.

Along the same lines, the provider name (specified in calls to macro CM*MIStub in the various implementation files) contains <ClassName>Provider causing the macro to create a function named <ClassName>Provider_Create_InstanceMI. OpenWBEM is expecting the name to be <ClassName>_Create_InstanceMI - from the provider qualifier I have specified presumably. But the qualifier must contain the name of library providing the instrumentation. So I would like to remove the "Provider" suffix from all calls to CM*MIStub. This change would also have to be made in the corresponding .registration files correct? Any objections to this change?

If there are no objections I will make these changes and figure out how to use hg to commit them.

BTW, I talked to the OpenWBEM developers about adding a better provider registration mechanism. It is on their todo list. They plan on using some standard that is part of the Interop schema within CIM. I'm not familiar with this spec or its state.

Regards,
Jim