xen-arm

Re: Re: 答复: [XenARM] Release of Para-virt Linux,XenTools and Xen For ARM

To: jithu joseph <joseph.jithu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: 答复: [XenARM] Release of Para-virt Linux,XenTools and Xen For ARM CPU Architecture
From: Sang-bum Suh <sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:37:31 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 May 2009 01:37:42 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Regarding the problem with build, you can find the right build information with
the updated guideline.
You should download vanila Linux Kernel and then update it with
Para-virt Linux files of the package at
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.
For more details, please refer to section 2.2.2. of the Secure Xen on ARM
user's guide at the web page.

As for questions 1 to 3,
Ans to 1 => Bug fixed but no change in interfaces.
Ans to 2 => I think so. There is no change in memory map between Xen on ARM
version 1.0 and version 1.1.
                 Please refer to page 16 of Secure Architecure and
Implementation of Xen on the ARM 9 for mobile devices at
                 the web page.
Ans to 3 => Xen on ARM handles all interrupts and deliver them to guest OS
through event channels.
                The architecture of Xen on ARM follows that of Xen x86
generally except for specific functions unique to ARM CPU and the
                 Xen on ARM associated Access Control.

I apprecaite for the suggestion. I hope some time later a document like
definitive guide to Xen on ARM hypervisor can be written.^^

I hope the email answers your questions.

Thank you for the interests.

Sang-bum