xen-arm

Re: 答复: [XenARM] Release of Para-virt Linux,XenTools and Xen For ARM CPU

To: sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 答复: [XenARM] Release of Para-virt Linux,XenTools and Xen For ARM CPU Architecture
From: jithu joseph <joseph.jithu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 12:24:13 +0530
Cc: "xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 May 2009 23:54:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=nOxawyssrHyfscyI0hASWe7OZ6JKyhMM7NypxUa+GaQ=; b=Vrq0OQtso5klSONU5ixUiA8ku8KiRYFCLNtBYwMN2SjbaYbwkt5TAHcrenLlT8k6XP mmxR7D6fLNmDkBJCr3Cca8wqbqOu66CreySy3FYjzq7RoXOpL1W92aX03CHXU/TWtBZX scJs8/Y+kRPbfGaUpVYVzwElXjuzGV2X2zyHc=
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mr Sang-bum Suh / fellow developers,

Thanks very much for the release.
I am trying to compile the new paravirtualized linux kernel included
in the package release by you.  (i was able to run the two mini-os
guest on an arm target with your june 2008 release -  and i am very
eager to see two linux guests running)

but i am getting the following problem :

#pwd
/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse

#./do_compile.sh
Makefile:279:
/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse/scripts/Kbuild.include:
No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse/scripts/Kbuild.include'.
 Stop.
Makefile:279:
/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse/scripts/Kbuild.include:
No such file or directory

/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse/Makefile:279:
/home/jithu/hyper/new/xen-unstable.hg/linux-sparse/scripts/Kbuild.include:
No such file or directory.

It looks like the MAKEFILE  (line 279) is  looking for
"scripts/Kbuild.include", but there is no scripts folder itself in the
kernel directory of the package.

I have couple more of queries / suggessions :

1. I can see some source level  changes in xen arm hypersor(VMM) code
between this and the previous package (apart from new targets). It
will be great if you can give a list of the major changes.
specifically i want to know whether your june 08 releaed VMM will run
this para virt linux guest.

2. Should we load the compiled para virt linux images to the same RAM
adresses as we used to load mini-os.elf, in your initial release

3. Can some one clarify the interrupt handling mechanisms used in
xen-arm, specifically :
       - are all the interrupts handled by the VMM, how are guests
notified of the interrupts, etc.

4.Another suggession  I  am having is that  we should come up with
more documentation, so that new comers can easily follow the code.
.specifically relating to Memory Managament / page tables / memory map
- when guest runs / host runs etc, Interrupt handling  / IO handling
etc .  I think this way this list will become more active.

Thanks and Regards
Jithu