Re: [Xen-API] XenCenter 6.0 and XCP1.1 RC

Your right sebastien. I double checked my API override setting and it was set
at 5.6.199. That was causing the vm creation issue. Adjusted it to 5.6.100 and
all is xen with the world and xencenter 6 works fine.

Corey

On Nov 16, 2011, at 12:02 AM, Sébastien Riccio <sr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From my personal experience, XenCenter for 6.x works flawlessly with XCP 1.1
> as long as you fake the XCP version to 5.6.100.
> Having a higher version like 5.9 or 6 cause the xencenter to try to setup the
> VM.suspend_SR field when you create a VM and
> that is not supported by XCP 1.1.
>
> my current setup that works with latest XenCenter:
>
> [root~]# cat /etc/xensource/xapi_version_override
> 5.6.100
>
> I also stripped PRODUCT_BRAND from the xapi binary.
> [root~]# /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's/XCP/\ \ \ /g' /opt/xensource/bin/xapi
>
> and set BUILD_NUMBER to 0 in /etc/xensource-inventory
> BUILD_NUMBER='0'
>
> result:
>
> [root~]# xapi -version
> hg_id=
> hostname=kiffu-2
> date=2011-09-19
> PRODUCT_VERSION=5.6.100
> PRODUCT_BRAND=
> BUILD_NUMBER=0
>
> If you try this, backup your xapi binary first, it's a dirty hack and I dont
> want to be
> responsible if you break anything :)
>
> Cheers,
> Sébastien
> On 15.11.2011 18:23, Corey Hemminger wrote:
>> Thanks. That's exactly what I did. Thought there might be a work around to
>> fix it. Would think xencenter 6.0 would be backward compatible.
>>
>> Corey

>>> Sorry to leave you hanging for a few days. The problem here is that the
>>> VM.suspend_SR field is new to the API, and isn't present in XCP 1.1. The
>>> version of XenCenter you're using is for XenServer 6.0, which has the
>>> new API field. Here is a mapping of XCP/XenServer version numbers:
>>>
>>> XCP   | XenServer     | Codename
>>> 1.0    | 5.6.1 "FP1"   | Cowley
>>> 1.1    | 5.6.1 "SP2"   | Oxford
>>> 1.5*   | 6.0.0         | Boston