Re: [Xen-API] xen-api-libs unit tests

To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] xen-api-libs unit tests
From: Sergei Lebedev <superbobry@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 02:35:02 +0400
Cc: xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:35:57 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Dave,

Two things:

1. Have you considered switching (at least partly) to property based testing [*], which works nicely for pure functions (for example most of the stuff from `stdext` can be covered in no time).

2. This is a bit unrelated, but anyway -- why don't you use ExtLib or Batteries, instead of `stdext`? Obviously, the goal is the same for all three of these libraries. And it would be really nice to see Batteries or ExtLib in a project as big as XenAPI.

Cheers,
Sergei

[*] http://kaputt.x9c.fr