Re: [Xen-API] xl console on XCP

I would like some way of accessing text consoles other than VNC.

Some kind of restricted ssh shell?

On 15 December 2010 18:56, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 15 December 2010 18:18, Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> On XCP 1.0 beta, the xl console is worse than that. I get the
> initial
> >> output from the console, but nothing after that (no more output) and
> >> my console is taken over (CTRL+] doesn't release, for example)
>
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, David Markey <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Kill vncterm for that particular domain.
> >

> That works! Thanks!
>
> Where are those configured? For example, if I want to bring the vnc
> option back up?

Xapi runs vncterm-wrapper which then runs vncterm.

We probably should revisit how our consoles are handled... for example there is code lying around to use qemu instead of vncterm which we could consider. We could also make it more officially configurable somehow, to save people hacking vncterm-wrapper (or killing the processes :)

Cheers,
Dave