Re: [Xen-API] New API Document and C Bindings

To: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] New API Document and C Bindings
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:40:59 +0100
Cc: Xen-API <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:41:09 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 04:13:10PM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I had a look at the much more explicit enumeration of accessor functions
> for each one of the defined class. I am wondering what the rationale
> behind some of the set-ters is. For example the VIF class has members
> type, device, network, VM etc. Shouldn't these be marked RO_ins and have
> no associated set-ters after object creation? Can you actually change the
> type once the object has been created or move the VIF to another VM
> (set_VM)? Similar on VBD.

I'm not sure sure about Vif.network -- it might be possible to redirect the
VIF to a different network, though obviously that's going to require the guest
to figure that out too, so that one might be a little bit complicated.  The
rest though, yes, you're right, they should just be RO_ins -- that's a
mistake.

Ewan.