Re: [Xen-users] Best way to get Xen into Ubuntu Natty/64bit

To: Robert Zaleski <rlzaleski@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Best way to get Xen into Ubuntu Natty/64bit
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:03:31 +0100
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 14:07:43 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=w0wvSYYSAskOghJJmoLPfyNDS/5XHE16ZdIokIvcEWg=; b=H28NamfPXzElV4LNTV/5lsMejcokx4Lu1KEXDKEkvDrmv2W61hiVE3SJpY1Ticfhn6 uG0Er2v+BYmqqWEtRg1zHvfQPDK5OsvBajt56Obgf0w1iKkPT/ARsFVdSCFozG6B1rzD m+qNLhaNXbvQWXowBGo3Yb0PDG1MhlvbaETvk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011/11/13 Robert Zaleski <rlzaleski@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I settled on OpenSUSE since they seemed to be the most commited to having
> Dom0 support.  RHEL 6 doesn't run as a Dom0 (Xen Host), you have to RHEL 5,
> I think Fedora Core 16 is trying to get this up to date though.

You have a point there. SUSE has been delivering very clean Xen
packages for years (and without their kernel patches who knows where
Xen would have ended up) and I have to wonder if it can make sense to
spend my time fixing broken distros / packages when I just wanted to
build a VM?
This will be my first private SuSE install since 1999 or so.
I hope they stopped stuff like beautifying the system config files
after all these years.

> Best of Luck
> - Robert

Thanks, will need a lot, the download just aborted :))