RE: [Xen-users] RE: [UPATE - using pygrub] ubuntu and debian guests cann

Adam Gold wrote:
Hi there. I set the vm to boot using pygrub and it started up just fine. It does raise the question as to what wasn't working in the dom0 kernel (if that was indeed the issue).

I've got some but not all of my guests to boot with pygrub now, and for those that don't*, and during the conversion process, I've taken to copying the kernel and initrd off the guest onto the Dom0 and booting each guest from it's own setup. Ie I don't run any of them any more using a generic kernel/initrd from Dom0. Once you have the guest running, you can make it's own initrd (this is where I think you'll find the differences) and then copy the kernel and initrd to Dom0 (if you aren't sticking with pygrub/it doesn't work for some reason).

* For some reason, I've had problems booting some guests, and occasions when a guest that was booting with pygrub stops doing so after some minor change.

--
Simon Hobson