[Xen-users] Odd behavior on Phenom II X6

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Odd behavior on Phenom II X6
From: Scott Damron <sdamron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:19:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:20:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I built a new box for home use, it is an ASUS M5A99X EVO 990X, the CPU
is the 1075T 3.0Ghz AM3.  I have 16 gigs of 1333 RAM, it is Patriot
brand non - ECC.  The disk is a 1TB Western Digital SATA II 3.0 mbps.
I am using a USB DVD drive to do the install

When I attempt to install either a generic CentOS install, it gives a
Kernel panic and dies, the error says something about CPU0 and it
reboots after 5 seconds.  If I try to install either XCP or XenServer,
I get simular issues.  Has anyone had any experience with this CPU or
MOBO, or both?  It has some switches on the board for TPU/EPU, though
even after reading on this link -
http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A99X_EVO/#overview
I am unsure as to what they really do.  I tested the drive and memory
in another system (Intel Core i3) and they work just fine, video card
is an ATI 512 meg low end PCI-e.  I tried disabling USB 3.0, the
onboard NIC and something else that starts with a "C" (sorry, not in
front of it and can't remember!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Scott