Re: [Xen-users] my eth3 lost connectivity when the xenbridge is setup

To: Rogelio Bazan <rogbazan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] my eth3 lost connectivity when the xenbridge is setup
From: Carsten from Virtastic <carsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:46:19 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:47:29 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=virtastic.com; h=subject :mime-version:content-type:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; s= selector1; bh=QkHjA/nd4KpBga21X1hvkHe2OX8=; b=fD6WeG+9vFl/kvHYkV u5VB9QdZA7rl6hswjM549jnTswmGXftHdc6rlBWZR6SGARihhTL7/mB3eM6fF8x7 0tpFotIJZ3oP7+Ti1sn0/88/kysh8TkuVRs0uWKLD/UohcRGeZgq8nzBTaheSGet QacZ0DCXCQGYnm+VsSTgQSnE8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Rogelio,

> After yum update completed, i reboot the host and all was ok, until xend
> started....
> doing some researchm i found that the problem was only with eth3 after
> enabling xenbr for it....

What does "brctl show" say?

> ##/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge  $@ vifnum=5 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth3

Create these two files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts:

ifcfg-xenbr1:

TYPE=Bridge
DEVICE=xenbr1
ONBOOT=yes
STP=off
BOOTPROTO=none

(or if you want the bridge to have an IP, which might make sense for testing,
use IPADDR and NETMASK together with BOOTPROTO=static)

ifcfg-eth3:

DEVICE=eth3
BRIDGE=xenbr1
HWADDR=<your_MAC_address>
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes

Then:
ifup xenbr1
ifup eth3

...and then you wait a few second until the bridge leaves learning state and
enters forwarding state, and you should be all set.

I'd recommend to comment out all occurrences of
# (network-script network-bridge)
in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, and then let the OS deal with the interface and
bridge setup as shown above. I believe the wiki suggests the same for Xen 4.1
(if not earlier versions), which doesn't actually need xend any more anyway.

Cheers
Carsten